December 8-10, 2017 at the Hilton Anaheim & Playstation Experience
Date December 8, 2017 Location Hilton Anaheim Hotel Schedule 11am – 9pm Watch Online twitch.tv/battleforthestones Watch
Free entry for spectators
Date December 10, 2017 Location PlayStation Experience at Anaheim Convention Center Schedule 2pm start Watch Online twitch.tv/battleforthestones Watch
Grand Finals requires PSX badge
and a one-of-a-kind trophy
Who will be victorious in the Battle for the Stones?
THE PAST EVO CHAMPIONS
THE STONE BEARERS
THE ONLINE WARRIORS
European Online Qualifier Winner
Latin American Online Qualifier Winner
North American Online Qualifier Winner
How will the Stone Bearers use these rule-bending powers?
Control space itself and change your opponent
The Space Stone allows the Stone Bearer to swap their position in the bracket, and face a different opponent! The position must be in an equal place in the tournament.
Stone Bearer: Sacktap – Robert Capps
Resurrect your soul and grant yourself a second chance
The Soul Stone allows the Stone Bearer to erase one of their losses in a 3 out of 5 set.
Stone Bearer: Richard Nguyen
Freeze time and stop an opponent’s Stone Bearer power for one match!
The Time Stone allows the Stone Bearer to cease the flow of time, enabling them to negate the use of an opponent’s Stone Bearer power any time during the tournament for one match!
Stone Bearer: Kazunoko – Ryota Inoue
Harness your power to guarantee a life advantage
The Power Stone allows for the Stone Bearer to land the first hit in a match, giving them a guaranteed life advantage over their opponent by executing the first combo of a match.
Stone Bearer: Cloud805 – Jonathan Morales
Control your opponent’s mind and choose their team
The Mind Stone allows the Stone Bearer to control their opponent’s mind by choosing both of their characters and Infinity Stone.
Stone Bearer: Teemo – Luis Gomez
Manipulate reality by changing your opponent’s controls
The Reality Stone grants the Stone Bearer the ability to alter reality by swapping three button functions in their opponent’s control configuration.
Stone Bearer: Linj – Carlos Silva
Face front, True Believer and get ready to compete in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite – Battle for the Stones, an epic competition taking place this December!
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite – Battle for the Stones will see titanic forces collide as the seven EVO champions from the past and a new group of nine qualifiers fight in a competition unlike any you’ve witnessed before! As the name suggests, the Infinity Stones play a vital role in this clash against the EVO legends. On the road to the “Battle for the Stones,” there are six official Infinity Stone Tournaments all over the world that will each represent one of the Stones. Those who wield one of the Stones will gain a special tournament rule-bending power they can activate during the “Battle for the Stones” Finals in Anaheim, CA on December 9-10, 2017. Outside of these Infinity Stone Tournaments, there will also be three regional online qualifier tournaments (that do not feature Infinity Stones) for the EU, LATAM and NA regions, making the top 16.
Top 16 for the “Battle for the Stones” will comprise of:
- Seven EVO champions
- Six Infinity Stone bearers from Infinity Stone Tournaments around the world
- Three online tournament winners
The winner of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite – Battle for the Stones will be rewarded with a special one-of-a-kind trophy that represents the Battle for the Stones!
As previously mentioned, Infinity Stones will grant actual abilities that can be used outside of the typical “in-game” competition to give players an advantage over their opponent! Each Infinity Stone power will be revealed at its corresponding Infinity Stone Tournament. Be wary, for if you lose the fight with a Stone in hand, you’ll need to hand it over to the winner of the match and return to being a mere mortal.
With Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite releasing on September 19th, we wanted to showcase the game with a special exhibition series that reflected the otherworldly and compelling elements that Marvel vs. Capcom is known for. Check out the Capcom Unity website and @capcomfighters on Twitter as we countdown the weeks to the “Battle for the Stones” with player profiles, detailed breakdowns of the rules, and explanations of each of the six Infinity Stone Powers that the Stone Bearers will be able to use at the “Battle for the Stone” Finals.
Join us as we celebrate the launch of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite with this one-time series that shows the world that RULES ARE NOT SET IN STONE!
Open to all individuals age 13 and older as of March 1, 2017. All players under the age of majority must have parental permission and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Finals tournament to be held from Dec 8-10, 2017 in Anaheim, CA. Marvel is in no way a sponsor, administrator, or prize provider for this tournament.
The Battle for the Stones Tournament Series is a global series of competitive gaming tournaments featuring Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite culminating to a special exhibition at the Battle for the Stones Finals.
This MvC:I tournament features:
- 7 invited players (every former EVO Marvel Vs. Capcom Champion)
- 6 winners of Infinity Stone Tournaments
- 3 players from Online Qualifying Tournaments
Rule of Succession
In the event an invited player (EVO Champion) wins an Infinity Stone Tournament, that player will not receive an Infinity Stone, and Capcom will extend a Battle for the Stones Finals invitation and Infinity Stone to the next highest qualifying player.
Finals Tournament Dates
December 8-10, 2017 at the Hilton Anaheim
- Infinity Stone Tournament winners will be seeded randomly against the Evo Champions
- The remaining Evo Champion and Online Qualifying Tournament winners will be paired at random
All Tournaments are open to all individuals 13 years old and older as of March 1, 2017. All players at least 13 years old, but under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they live (a “Minor”) (i) must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian to register for and participate in a Tournament, and (ii) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at each Tournament in which he or she participates.
Infinity Stone Use
- Infinity Stones only have special functions during the Battle for the Stones Finals.
- Infinity Stone abilities will be revealed at each corresponding Infinity Stone Tournament.
- All Infinity Stones can only be used one time per Stone Bearer, and then can no longer be used by that Stone Bearer for the rest of the tournament.
- A player may not use two Infinity Stones during a single set. However, two Stone Bearers can use their stones during the same match or set.
All Infinity Stones only last for one match out of a 3/5 set. The Stone Bearer can decide which match in the set they want to use the stone, as long as it takes place before the match begins.
- Infinity Stones can obtained initially by winning one of six Qualifying Tournaments.
- During the Battle for the Stones Finals, if a Stone Bearer is defeated, the winner of that match now obtains their Infinity Stone, which can then be used once by the new Stone Bearer during the tournament.
Evo Champions may not win an Infinity Stone from a Qualifying Tournament
The Evo Champions have already ascended to beyond-omega power levels, they are not eligible to win a stone from a Qualifying Tournament. In the event they win an Infinity Stone Qualifying Tournament, the Infinity Stone will be passed to the next eligible player.
- In the event that the next eligible player is a tie, the two tied players will play a 3/5 set to determine who wins the Infinity Stone and qualifies for the Battle for the Stones Finals.
No competitor may win multiple qualifying spots for the Battle for the Stones Finals
- Players who have already qualified for the Battle for the Stones Finals may still enter Infinity Stone tournaments, or Online Qualifying Tournaments if they would like. However, they are not eligible to win multiple spots.
- In the case that a single player wins multiple Infinity Stone tournaments, then they may choose which Infinity Stone they would like to bring into the Battle for the Stones Finals. The remaining Infinity Stone will go to the next eligible player.
- Evo Champions may not enter the Battle for the Stones Finals with an Infinity Stone. However, if they defeat a Stone Bearer during the Battle for the Stones Finals, they acquire the Infinity Stone and may use it once throughout the Battle for the Stones Finals.
Marvel Entertainment LLC and its affiliates are in no way sponsors, administrators, organizers, or prize providers of The Battle for the Stones Tournament Series. Employees of Marvel Entertainment LLC and its affiliates are not eligible for entry. By entering The Battle for the Stones Tournament Series, you agree that Marvel Entertainment LLC shall be deemed a “Tournament Entity” for the purposes of Section 15 of the Capcom Pro Tour rules found at https://capcomprotour.com/rules/, and you agree to be bound by the terms of this Section 15 as if The Battle for the Stones Tournament Series were a “Tournament” as referenced therein.